There are various examples of UFO sightings, below we include the best or most famous examples of their kind. (They are in no particular order).
1) Roswell, USA. Around Independence Day, 1947, an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert at the Foster ranch 75 miles north of Roswell, New Mexico, USA.
The story goes that aliens were taken to a military base at Roswell. This was covered up by the authorities, but the local press got wind of the story and published it.
Even a video of an autopsy of the alien's has been unearthed, below is a still from it.
This story is apparently a collection of various events, somehow merged into one incident. Roswell wasn't even noted as an incident until 1980 (or late 1970's according to some sources). Today the area's chamber of commerce celebrate the UFO incident as a tourist destination.
The official explanation is:
The 'aliens' observed in the New Mexico desert were actually anthropomorphic test dummies (pictured left) that were carried by US Air Force high altitude balloons for scientific research.
The "unusual" military activities in the New Mexico desert were a high altitude research balloon launch and recovery operations, connected to a Project Mogul. Reports of military units that always seemed to arrive shortly after the crash of a flying saucer to retrieve the saucer and "crew," were actually accurate descriptions of Air Force personnel engaged in anthropomorphic dummy recovery operations.
Claims of "alien bodies" at the Roswell Army Air Field hospital were most likely a combination of two separate incidents:
1) a 1956 KC-97 aircraft accident in which 11 Air Force members lost their lives; and,
2) a 1959 manned balloon mishap in which two Air Force pilots were injured.
As for the video of the autopsy: is probably a cleverly constructed fake.
2) What is regarded by some as the 'British Roswell': Rendelshem, Suffolk, UK.
Charles I. Halt, Lt. Col. USAF, Deputy Base Commander filed the following report:
Department of the Air Force
Headquarter 81st Combat Support Group (USAFE)
APO NEW YORK DY735
13 Jan 81
Reply to Attn of: CD
Subject: Unexplained Lights
1. Early in the morning of 27 Dec 80 (approximately 0300L), two USAF security police patrolmen saw unusual lights outside the back gate at RAF Woodbridge. Thinking an aircraft might have crashed or been forced down, they called for permission to go outside the gate to investigate. The on-duty flight chief responded and allowed three patrolmen to proceed on foot. The individuals reported seeing a strange glowing object in the forest. The Object was described as being metallic (sic) in appearance and triangular in shape, approximately two and three meters across the base and approximately two meters high. It illuminated the entire forest with a white light. The object itself had a pulsing red light on top and a bank(s) of blue lights underneath. The object was hovering or on legs. As the patrolmen approached the object, it maneuvered though the trees and disappeared. At this time the animals on a nearby farm went into a frenzy. The object was briefly sighted approximately an hour later near the back gate.
2. The next day, three depressions 1 1/2" deep and 7" in diameter were found where the object had been sighted on the ground. The following night (29 Dec 80) the area was checked for radiation. Beta/gamma readings of 0.1 milliroentgens were recorded with peak readings in the three depressions and near the center of the triangle formed by the depressions. A nearby tree had moderate (.05 - .07) readings on the side of the tree toward the depressions.
3. Later in the night a red sun-like light was seen though the trees. It moved about and pulsed. At one point it appeared to throw off glowing particles and then broke into five separate white objects and then disappeared. Immediately thereafter, three star-like objects were noticed in the sky, two objects to the north and one to the south, all of which were about 10 degrees off the horizon. The objects moved rapidly in sharp angular movements and displayed red, green and blue lights. The objects to the north appeared to be elliptical through an 8-12 power lens. They then turned to full circles. The objects to the north remained in the sky for an hour or more. The object to the south was visible for two or three hours and beamed down a stream of light from time to time. Numerous individuals, including the undersigned, witnessed the activities in paragraphs 2 and 3.
The tabloid News of the World reported the incident:
Skeptics say that the lights were a lighthouse.
Charles Halt dismisses this explanation completely. He is a very impressive witness and we recommend watching any interview with the man.
There have been other sightings of unexplained craft in the area but this incident is one of the best documented incidents we have ever seen.
To read a transcript of the Charles Holt investigation (he took a handheld dictation machine with him and spoke through the encounter) go here. To hear an excerpt, along with other fascinating audio, go to this page at konsulting.com.
3) There are hundreds of videoed UFO encounters, why won't the authorities take them seriously?
The videos we have seen on the internet can be broken down into broad categories:
i) Videos which have no visual reference and so therefore could be anything. We have two examples here: VIDEO1 (mpeg) and VIDEO2 (Windows wmv). In both of these examples it is impossible to work out if the image being filmed is moving erratically or the camera itself is. Probably videos of flying saucers will not be crystal clear but these just don't show us anything.
ii) Videos in which something in the sky just sort of hovers there. There has got to be some kind of movement, preferably very fast movement, or it could easily be a hot air balloon, such as is probably the case in this example here: VIDEO (Windows .wmv).
iii) Strange video imperfections. In this example we seem to see a UFO fly, stop abruptly and then go back in the other direction... Problems we have with this video: There is a jerk in the video at the time the UFO apparently stops, and then when it is going left to right look at the branches on the near right of the screen, they seem to speed up too. It looks to us like this video has been speeded up and edited. VIDEO (Windows wmv).
iv) Extremely high quality hoaxes. Take a look at this piece of video that we found on the internet. It is quite simply sensational. To see our version of the video go here (wmv 985KB). The video is in two sections. The first is normal speed, the second is 25% normal speed to see the detail. Problem is, according to reports, it is a hoax. It was, it is said, made by a Brazilian company called Edefex for a SciFi channel who apparently wanted to create a buzz like Orson Wells did with his War of the Worlds. It had us quite excited for a bit. Brilliant stuff. If you have any information on this please let us know. (email@example.com)
4) Audio only evidence from trained pilots. Lights following planes etc.
There are some impressive audio files we have heard on the internet in which we seem to hear a real time conversation between the pilot and air traffic control in which passengers of airlines are told to take photos of strange phenomena which can't be explained etc. Take a listen at konsulting.com.
5) Government cover up? What is the evidence?
There is a nice anecdote in which President Ronald Reagan, after watching a preview of ET The Extraterrestrial with a group including the movie's director, Steven Speilberg, turned to the director and said: "You know, there aren't six people in this room who know how true this really is." This might be apocryphal, the story continues that Spielberg could not question the president further after these statements because the press then approached.
The argument goes that the governments of the world (actually read the US Government there) are keeping this quiet so as not to alarm their populations. Who knows.
Are these space ships from outer space?
Are they some kind of military experiment or top secret military capability not released to the general population? More likely. If that is the case then the US government would not want to release such information to their enemies.
This is an A1 publishing gravy train with an open and welcoming audience, we have no idea what any of these stories prove or disprove...
Miscellaneous unexplained sightings in NASA footage
NASA Mission STS-80 UFO - Best high quality version yet